Prescription Drug Charges Defense Lawyer in Middletown, NJ | Monmouth County
Prescription Drug Cases Are A Matter Of Scale
If you have been arrested for a prescription drug crime, the amount of drugs you are accused of possessing can have an enormous impact on the penalties you face. The more prescription drugs involved, the greater the penalties, including longer prison sentences and fines into the tens of thousands of dollars. Depending on the amount of drugs involved, you could be charged with anything from a disorderly persons offense to a second-degree crime.
With so much at stake, it is important that you work with an experienced drug attorney who knows how to fight these charges and who can protect your interests throughout your case. At Rudnick, Addonizio, Pappa & Casazza PC, we understand the impact a conviction can have on your future. We will aggressively protect your rights at every stage of your defense, and we will work hard to have the charges dismissed, the penalties reduced or to obtain an acquittal for you.
For a free consultation with a lawyer at our firm about your defense, contact us online. We defend clients from prescription drug crimes in Monmouth, Middlesex and Ocean counties as well as throughout New Jersey.
Handling All Types Of Prescription Drug Charges
Depending on the facts in your case, you can face a wide range of charges for possessing or using prescription medication illegally, including:
- Disorderly persons offense for possession/distribution of less than four doses of prescription medication or for illegal use of prescription drugs
- Fourth-degree crime for possession of more than four doses or possession with intent to sell less than four doses of prescription medication
- Third-degree crime for possession with intent to distribute less than 100 doses of prescription medication
- Second-degree crime for possession with intent to distribute more than 100 doses of prescription medication
- Prescription fraud and theft crimes
Our defense lawyers have extensive experience handling these types of cases, including those involving OxyContin, Oxycodone, Xanax, Vicodin and other medications. Attorney Michael J. Pappa is a former prosecutor in Monmouth County. We have the knowledge and insight to challenge the case against you and aggressively defend you from the charges you face.
Contact Our Defense Firm
Get the advice and representation you need after an arrest for illegal prescription drug use, possession or distribution. Contact us online or call us to schedule your free initial consultation.