Mark F. Casazza
Location:Hazlet, New Jersey
In 2011 and 2012, Attorney Mark F. Casazza has been named a Rising Star in New Jersey Monthly Magazine, placing him in a select group of New Jersey lawyers under the age of 40. Rising Stars are nominated for the honor by Super Lawyers Magazine, the top 2.5% of the lawyers in New Jersey. In addition, Mr. Casazza has also been named as one of the Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association, recognizing him as one the top 40 trial lawyers in New Jersey under the age of 40.
Mr. Casazza began his career with the firm in 1997 as a law clerk, wherein he assisted the firm in all areas of litigation, research and trial preparation. After his admission to the New Jersey bar in 1998, Mr. Casazza has been involved in all areas of both civil and criminal litigation in the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey. He not only represents plaintiffs who have sustained serious personal injuries, he also represents employees who have been victims of sexual harassment, have been the subject of discrimination, and those that have been unlawfully retaliated against and/or wrongfully terminated from their jobs.
Mr. Casazza continues to represent criminal defendants in both the Superior and Municipal Courts. He has argued criminal appeals before the New Jersey State Supreme Court. He is also a former lecturer of the Hazlet Township Auxiliary Police on principles of constitutional law, unlawful search and seizure.
Mr. Casazza is also licensed to practice law in New York, and has represented criminal defendants in New York Supreme Court, as well as civil plaintiff’s in the Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiffs’ Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Discrimination
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1998
- New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2000
- New York Law School – New York, New York
- J.D. cum laude
- Rutgers College – Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Former lecturer: Principles of Constitutional Law, Unlawful Search and Seizure , Hazlet Township Police Auxiliary
Honors and Awards
- New Jersey Rising Star as nominated by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011 – 2012
- Top 40 under 40 as nominated by the National Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association