Protecting Your Future
A criminal conviction can continue to haunt long after you have put the event behind you. Potential employers, landlords and other parties can learn of your criminal record, preventing you from achieving desired goals.
Many people in this situation can obtain expungements that result in the physical destruction of arrest records, mug shots, conviction records and other data that can prove to be embarrassing should they ever be exposed to public view.
Rudnick, Addonizio, Pappa & Casazza, PC, is a criminal law firm that helps people get expungements of convictions for certain indictable offenses, disorderly person offenses, petty disorderly person offenses and municipal ordinance violations. We are efficient and thorough — and if you are eligible, our firm can obtain an expungement for you for a reasonable flat fee.
To find out if you qualify for an expungement, contact Rudnick, Addonizio, Pappa & Casazza, PC.
Get Your Record Removed From Criminal Justice System Files
Generally speaking, the time required before a record can be expunged is as follows:
- Second-, third- and fourth-degree indictable offenses — Ten years from the date of completion of supervision.
- Disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses — Five years from the date of conviction or completion of supervision, whichever is later
- Municipal ordinance violations — Two years from the date of completion of supervision.
- Juvenile delinquency offenses — Five years from the date of completion of supervision.
- Arrests not resulting in conviction — If the charge was dismissed after completion of a diversion program, six months. Otherwise, no waiting period.
Traffic violations and DUI convictions do not need to be expunged.
The laws covering expungement in New Jersey are complicated, and there may be circumstances regarding your case that make you ineligible for expungement. There are also limitations on the number of expungements that can be granted to an individual. A lawyer at our firm can review your case and determine whether expungement is possible.
No Court Appearance Is Required
If you are eligible for an expungement, Rudnick, Addonizio, Pappa & Casazza, PC, can handle all aspects of your case without your need to appear in court. The process takes a few months to complete, so you should speak with us soon.
Contact An Attorney
For a free consultation with an experienced expungement attorney, contact Rudnick, Addonizio, Pappa & Casazza, PC.